To deposit ETH or ERC-20 tokens to your MetaMask wallet from an exchange or another wallet, you will simply need to submit a transaction pointed to the address of one of your accounts in MetaMask. Please check the exchanges that operate in your country here.
In the MetaMask extension, you can also deposit tokens into your wallet directly from Coinbase, eliminating the need to transfer them manually. Scroll down or click here for further information.
We're working on adding this feature to MetaMask Mobile as soon as we can.
Open MetaMask, and click on your public address to copy it to your clipboard.
- Paste your address in the recipient field in the application from which you are sending your ETH or other tokens, or share it with someone who is sending them to you.
- Select the amount you want to send, along with any other necessary steps to complete and submit the transaction.
On your account page, tap directly on your address to copy it to your clipboard. An on-screen prompt will appear to confirm that you've done so.
- Paste the address into the recipient field on the application/platform you're sending tokens from, or share it with someone who is sending to you.
- Select the amount you want to send, and follow other prompts necessary to complete the transaction.
Note: Please consult with the organization of the application you are using for information on how to transfer your ETH/tokens. The user interfaces of different organizations/wallets will vary.
- Make sure the token you're trying to send is compatible with the network you're attempting to send to. For example, you could be attempting to send Polygon-native MATIC to your MetaMask, when you should be sending ERC-20 MATIC (see here for more info). Most of the time, exchanges will recognize that your address is incompatible with the token you're attempting to send, and prevent you from proceeding — but still, be wary.
- If you are sending ERC-20 tokens, please review our article How to display tokens in MetaMask to add them to the token list to see the balance of the token in your account.
- The process to send tokens may be different for each application that holds your tokens. We recommend that you review their documentation or contact their support team for additional help on transferring tokens from their application.
- Once the transaction is final, the balance in your account in MetaMask should update. If the balance does not update, please check the status of your transaction on a block explorer like Etherscan by searching the txHash (transaction hash) of the transaction that you just submitted.
- Please see How to send tokens from your MetaMask wallet if you are looking to send tokens out of your MetaMask wallet.
Using Coinbase Pay to deposit tokens
You can also use Coinbase Pay to seamlessly transfer token balances from Coinbase to MetaMask.
To access this feature, click the 'Buy' button on your home screen and select Coinbase Pay. When inputting your preferred amount, you'll have the option to choose between buying the tokens or using your existing balance on Coinbase.