Sending and receiving NFTs is easy in MetaMask Mobile; the feature is still on its way in MetaMask Extension.
Did you recently acquire an NFT, and you don't see it in the relevant account?
Follow the steps here to look up the account on the block explorer. On the bottom half of the page, click on the tab titled "NFT Transfers"; there you should see a list of all the tokens you have in your wallet, ordered by when they entered it. If it's on Etherscan, it's in the account. For more information on making NFTs appear in MetaMask, see here.
Did you recently sell an NFT, and you don't see a transaction in your account?
Often, the process of selling an NFT is performed through a smart contract (a blockchain program), and as a result, the funds you receive are delivered to you through an internal transaction, which do not show up in your MetaMask activity. To check internal transactions, locate your account address on Etherscan and about halfway down the page, click on the 'Internal Transactions' tab. The transaction should be there.
Another way to verify that you received funds in exchange for your NFT is by verifying that your balance is correct.
Receiving an NFT
When you buy an NFT, it's often transferred to you automatically through a marketplace. If that is not the case, please follow and double-check these steps to ensure it is a successful transaction:
- Provide the sender with your public address. If you need, learn how to find this here
- Make sure you have enough of the network's native token (ETH, MATIC, BNB, etc.) to pay for gas
- Have the sender send the NFT to your public address
- View the NFT in MetaMask. We recommend you do so on Mobile, as NFTs are not currently visible on Extension.
As long as you're looking at the correct account in MetaMask, the NFTs should appear under 'NFTs' in MetaMask Mobile.
There are a number of platforms that exist for buying and selling NFTs and, in general, ERC-721 tokens: Nifty's, OpenSea, Rarible, YellowHeart, etc.
Sending an NFT
Sending an NFT (both ERC-721 and ERC-1155 tokens) in MetaMask is very similar to sending conventional tokens (usually ERC-20 tokens, often just referred to as coins or crypto). Currently, this functionality should only be attempted in MetaMask Mobile.
- Make sure you have enough of the network's native token to pay for the transaction
- Tap on the 'NFTs' tab
- Tap on the icon of the NFT you wish to send
- Tap on the 'send' button at the bottom of the screen:
- Enter the address you wish to send it to, hit 'Next', and follow the standard transaction prompts
For more on gas, and transactions, see here; to learn more about token types, see our guide.