If you are having issues with your Ledger, here are some common fixes:
- First of all, make sure you have familiarized yourself with the content in our Hardware Wallet Hub.
- Make sure Ledger Live is closed when using your Ledger with MetaMask. Also, ensure the Ledger device is unlocked and in the Ethereum application.
- Also, make sure you have:
- The most up-to-date firmware on your Ledger device
- Re-installed/updated the Ethereum app on the device, via Ledger Live
- Your browser up-to-date
- Enabled "blind signing" on the Ethereum app on the Ledger device itself
If you are seeing multiple pending or failed transactions in your MetaMask activity feed that do not match up to your public address on Etherscan.io, you may need to reset MetaMask. Before you do this, though, get in touch with Support to check whether this is the best option.
See Ledger support documentation for more information
We think hardware wallets can be a great tool for improving web3 security, depending on your individual needs and habits. However, since they're all complex products themselves, it's not possible for us to thoroughly document them here. That's why we recommend you head to Ledger's support page if you need detailed information.
If you can't find the answer there and the issue relates directly to MetaMask, get in touch with Support.