So, you bought yourself a nifty ENS address, and you want to keep track of it in your wallet? Maybe you want to trade or sell a cool .eth address you've reserved? Here's how to enable MetaMask to see the .eth addresses you have associated with your account.
- Open MetaMask, and click on the three vertical dots.
- Click on the 'View on Etherscan' option
- On Etherscan, search for "Ethereum Name Service (ENS)" and select it from the drop-down menu.
On the token page that appears, towards the right in the "Profile Summary" section, copy the contract address--if you hover your mouse over it, a copy button will appear to the right.
- Without pasting or copying anything else, open MetaMask again, scroll down to the bottom of the default view, and click on the "Add Token" button.
- In the "Add Token" dialogue, click on the "Custom Token" tab, and enter the following information in the fields provided:
- Token Contract Address: Paste the contract address that you copied from Etherscan
- Token Symbol: ENS
- Token Decimal: 18
- Click "Next" once you've filled out the fields, and then "Add Tokens".
You should see an entry in your "Assets" tab for your ENS tokens. Presently, MetaMask Extension will not show a token-specific image, merely an identicon. Additionally, you currently cannot send the ENS tokens directly from the Extension. However, MetaMask Mobile has slightly different capabilities — see the Mobile tab above.
- Open the app, and click on the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) in the upper left-hand corner.
- Copy your account address, and locate your address on https://etherscan.io/
- On Etherscan, click on the "Token" dropdown menu, and select "Ethereum Name Service (ENS)" from the drop-down menu.
- On the token page that appears, scroll down to the "Profile Summary" section and copy the contract address — there should be a copy button to the right.
- Without pasting or copying anything else, open MetaMask again, and select the "NFTs" tab.
- Scoll down and tap on "+ADD NFTs".
- In the "Add NFT" dialogue, paste the contract address you copied from Etherscan into the "Address" field. Without closing MetaMask, go back to your browser where you have Etherscan open.
- On Etherscan, scroll down until you see a series of tabs; choose "Inventory". A box should appear with your .eth address in it — that's your token!
- Tap and hold on the number underneath the token, beginning with a "#". When your browser's menu appears, choose "Copy link text".
- Without pasting or copying anything else, jump back to MetaMask, and paste the token ID number that you just copied into the "ID" box, and tap on "ADD".
You should now see your ENS token under your NFTs tab, along with a fancy ENS token icon(s) with your .eth address(es) on them! If you tap on one of the tokens, you should have the option to send, share, or 'favorite' the token.